Kamloops, BC VB Y
Student Absence Reporting: 1-844-350-2647 or ktsd.schoolconnects.com
Principal: Mrs. Catherine Gorman
Vice Principal: Mr. Grant Naylor
Secretaries: Mrs. Diane Atkinson (Monday - Thursday)
Mrs. Melissa Kinaschuk (Friday)
The home stretch is here! Please make sure that you look in the Lost and Found before Thursday. All items will be sent to Goodwill after school is out.
*Any library fees/school fees are due this week. Report Cards will be held until Friday for those students with outstanding fees.
*Thank you to our PAC! They have had Dilly Bar Days, Freezie Fridays and are supplying a cold treat to our students on the Fun Days :)
-Primary Fun Day at Brock Pool.
-Intermediate Fun Day at Brock Pool and Parkcrest
-Grade 6 Leaving Assembly 9:00 Parents and grandparents welcome
-Early recess 9:45-10:00, snack 10:00-10:15
Have a great summer! From all of Parkcrest Staff
Hi parents! Just a few more weeks left! This week is a busy week.
- PAC Dairy Queen Dilly Bar day
- Ellingsen & Trestain & Girodat swimming every day Monday-Thursday
- Thomson, Beeds/Hyslop, Gartrell, Dennison, Petrie classes to the Wildlife Park
- Ecosmart presentation
- Young Entrapreneur Day for Grade 5/6 classes. Public access to the gym for 1:00-3:00. Please come and support the kids and purchase their creations.
- Nothing of note.
- Ms. Quast's class to 4 Cats Studio and Riverside Park
- Mrs. Shantz & Girodat Wildlife Park.
June 18: TNRD Presentations to all kids
June 20: Grade 6's to Vernon Waterslides
June 25: Primary Fun Day
June 26: Intermediate Fun Day
June 27: Grade 6 Leaving Assembly 9:00
June 28: Last Day, dismissal at 12:00. Slideshow and assembly at 10:30. Parents welcome.
Hello Parkcrest Families! Hope you had a great weekend.
*In regards to the change to the School Messenger system the District has informed us that the phone number was not working on Friday, June 1. This was a complication from the provider and hopefully this is all resolved for tomorrow, Monday. Thank you for your patience in this transition. The phone number is the same as with the old School Connects system.
* Please check the lost and found! There are 19 days of school left and as we wind down it would be great to get some of these items to their rightful owners!
*Last call for Grade 6 photos for year end slideshow!
*Wednesday, June 13 Young Entrepreneur Afternoon 1:00-3:00 bring some money to buy some amazing student made wares! Invite coming home this week for all students!
- TRU Sportscamp students will be here working with PE classes
- Brock Middle transition for Grade 6 students from 10:30-11:20
- Ms Ellingsen's class swimming lessons 11:00
- PAC Dairy Queen day!
- Fruit and Vegetable Program Tomato delivery
- Last day for library book sign out
- Welcome to Kindergarten for next year Kindergarten students 1:15 in library
- Ms. Thomson & Ms. McCrea's class to McQueen Lake
- PAC Freezie Friday afterschool! Bring a loonie for a freezie :)
- June 11: Dairy Queen Day
- June 12: Primary classes to Wildlife Park: Thomson, Beeds, Gartrell, Dennison & Petrie.
- June 13: Young Entrepreneur Day 1:00-3:00 open for public in gym
- June 15: Ms. Quast's class to 4 Cats Studio/Riverside Park
- June 15: Mrs. Shantz' and Ms. Girodat's class to Wildlife Park
- June 18: TNRD Summer Reading Progrma presentation
- June 20: Vernon Waterslides trip for Grade 6 students
- June 22: Intermediate Swim Day
- June 25: Primary Fun Day
- June 26: Ms. Gartrell's K goodbye celebration 1:40
- June 26: Ms. Sarrasin's class to Heritage SChool
- June 27: Grade 6 Leaving Assembly 9:00
- June 28: Year End Assembly 10:30: All parents welcome
- June 28: Dismissal and Report Cards 12:00
Hello parents! Here is the weekly update with some other pieces of information.
*Please refer to the email that I sent on Monday regarding the new Safe Arrival Program. This will go live on June 1. Any questions, please call the school. This is a district wide change. The reporting number will not change and remains 1-844-350-2647.
*Bright Red Book Bus schedule is attached to the bottom of this message. The Book Bus will be coming to Parkcrest in August on Mondays 10;00-12:00.
*International Student Program SD73: Homestays Wanted
The International Student Program for School District 73 is looking for families to host International students. The students will attend secondary schools in Kamloops and will stay for 1 or 2 semesters starting September 2018. Our host families are asked to provide a welcoming home, food and a positive English speaking environment. The compensation is $825 per month. If you and your family, or your friends, feel you may enjoy this International experience, please go to http://www.ispcanada.ca/become-a-host-family.html. Here you will find information about being a host family and also guide to applying to our program.
- Chopped Leaf PAC Lunch
- Mrs. O'Donovan's class and Mrs. Matuschewski's class to Wildlife Park
- Ms. Gartrell's & Mrs. Hyslop/Beeds class at Rainbow Roost
- Grade 5/6's participating in the Aboriginal Cultural Day at Kay Bingham
- Mrs. Ellingsen & Mrs. Trestain's class to O'Keefe Ranch
Have a great week!