Hi Parents and Families,
Happy sunny Sunday! We had a great back to school week and would like to welcome all of our new families to the school. Thank you to many of you who stopped to say hello and introduce yourselves to Mr. Naylor and I. We look forward to meeting more of you as the year goes on. Here are some updates for the next week:
1) Class placements: We did get another division at Parkcrest Elementary and therefore will be organizing classes at Monday's staff meeting and putting students into classes on Tuesday. I thank all of you for your patience with this process. Please know that staff put a lot of thought into student placements.
2) Air Quality: We have had an updated Advisory from Health Canada and this can be found here:
Please know that if the air quality is above 7 we will be keeping students indoors. Fingers crossed that we won't have to deal with this too much longer.
3) PAC Meeting: This Wednesday, September 13 at 6:30 in the library. We would love to have new parents join! I look forward to meeting our PAC
4) Cross Country Running Team: As long as the air quality stays safe, we will have some cross country running practices at lunch for students Grade 3-6 with Mr. Roszmann. More information will be coming home this week in regards to races and permission forms.
5) Parent Communication: In the past I had positive responses from parents regarding this form of communication (emails) rather than newsletters. I usually would send out an update every second week. I will discuss this at the PAC meeting this week but would like feedback from you as well. Please let me know your thoughts!
6) We had a fire drill this Thursday and the students were excellent! We will continue to have a few more this month and solidify our safety plans with staff and students.
7) Important Dates:
- Sept 18: Earth Rangers Assembly
- Sept. 22: Pro D Day
- Sept 26: Raise a Reader Day (Staff and parents will be handing out newspaper for donations to Raise a Reader Foundation, please support us!)
- Sept 28: Terry Fox Run (time to be determined)
- Sept. 29: Orange Shirt Day (Information at this websitehttp://www3.sd73.bc.ca/general/content/orange-shirt-day)
- October 4: Photo Day
- October 9: Thanksgiving
- October 19: Early Closure 12:30 for Interviews
We are looking forward to an excellent school year!
Principal, Parkcrest Elementary