Tuesday, May 1:
- Mrs. Ellingsen's class swimming 8:40-11:30
- Mrs. Bond/Beeds, Mrs. Gartrell going to BLSC in AM
- Tomato Delivery for Fruit and Vegetable Program
- Flag Football team @ Dallas Elementary
- Intermediate Track Rotation in PM
Wednesday, May 2:
- Mrs. Trestain's class swimming 8:40-11:30
- Mrs. Huffman's class trip to Vancouver
- Young Artist's Conference for chosen students
Thursday, May 3:
- Intermediate Track rotation in PM
Friday, May 4:
- Young Authors Conference for chosen students
- Intermediate Track Meet: Monday, May 7. If you can volunteer for a station, please contact the office. PAC will be having a concession stand available on Monday for students to purchase snacks. Please send your child with appropriate clothing etc. for the day.
- Kindergarten registration - Even though Kindergarten registration happened in February we will be taking new registrations for the 2018-2019 school year at any time! Please come in with a birth certificate, care card and proof of address.
- Educational Requests for Class Placements for September 2018: In late May, our staff will begin working on organizing class placements for September. Final placements are made in September when we have a clear picture of how many students will be attending Parkcrest. Parents who wish to provide input regarding placement of their child/ren for the upcoming school year can pick up a form at the office. Parents must provide educational reasons to support their placement request. This form will be due by May 17.
- Outstanding School Supply Fees: If you have outstanding school supply fees, please contact the office and make arrangements for payment asap. We will gladly accept small monthly payments.
- Headlice: Headlice is a challenge to deal with and we are seeing it quite regularly at school. Thank you to families who are checking for lice and nits on a regular basis. We do not do lice checks at school. Thank you to the families who notified the school, so that we too
can notify other families to do an extra check. We
will always treat your information in a very
- Ready Steady Read-a-thon: Thank you so very much to Brandalyn Stewart for putting together this excellent opportunity for our primary students to read, collect pledges and buy books for themselves and our school. $1500.00 will be donated to our library to purchase books!
- PAC News: Our Family Dance scheduled for May 24 will need to be postponed until next year. Thank you to our PAC for the selling of Cookie Dough and Cinnamon Rolls! The PAC Yearly AGM will be held on May 15 at 6:30, pizza will be served for dinner! At this meeting we will be discussing new positions for our PAC.It is an excellent group to work with and we could use some more volunteers.
- Bannock and Bingo Night: Please come and join us on May 24 in the school gym 5-7pm
*5:00-5:30 Bannock & "pot luck"
*5:30-6:30 Bingo & prizes
**Sign up deadline May 10th. Sheet at the office or email email@example.com to RSVP
We will gather & mingle with our families & honour grandparents & other special support people. It's your option to bring goodies (cookies, squares, muffins etc.) as these treats are easy clean up snacks.
- SOCIAL SKILLS GROUP FOR AGES 9 - 12
Child and Youth Mental Health (905 Southill Street) is offering a Social Skills Group for children between the ages of 9-12. This fun eight week art and activity based group will be held on Wednesdays from 3:00 – 4:15 and runs from May 2nd to June 20th. During the 8 sessions, children will learn skills to:
Navigate the social world Build friendships Increase self-esteem Understand and start to manage intense emotions Explore self-regulation skills
Please contact Melinda at 250-554-5873 to register
your child; space is limited.